Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Civics lesson!


Click on this picture and you'll see the whole ballot - only two races to vote on today.


It wasn't too crowded at 9:20am


First they check your ID and make sure you live in town and are registered as a Democrat. The gentleman on the right, when he saw my last name said, "oh, I've been meaning to ask you a question if you came in today," and asked if I knew a woman who had the same last name, who lived in Sharon in the '40's. I didn't - I'm sure she's not related!


Then you see the registrat, who explains the ballot to you - it's the same as on the sign outside.


Waiting my turn to go in the booth...


My turn now! I always forget to move the red lever to the right, which closes the curtain and resets the ballot levers. The kind lady reminded me.



Done now! Hooray! Stopped to check out the helpful brochures on the way out.



And happily wore my "I voted today!" sticker all day. Where I work, in New York State, they didn't have an election today, so I got some blank stares.

2 Comments:

Blogger Icarus said...

I just to come back. lok again & say something.
This self-port (in fact, is it? Doesn't really matter)is strongly related to the whole activity.You look so resolute, 'up for it', 'we're not gonna take any more!' almost Street-Fightin' Gal-esque. Proud of you. No easy walk, as they used to say in Apartheid Sth Africa. But the road always best traveled. Excellent!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Yes, it's me! I didn't intend to have a "going into battle" look, but - meaning is in the eye of the beholder!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home